Friday, 23 May 2008

If you find one word in the dictionary, what word would you like to choose and why?

I'd like to find the word "serene". Being calm and quite makes me alive. From the depth of silence, I gain power. As I'm quite talkative in the class, you might think I'm outgoing, but quite the opposite. And...I'm a peace lover. I think being a peace maker than peace lover is more important.

5 comments:

JAKE said...

"RESPECT"
definitely, respect!
I think that's the most important thing between people and between everything. I think everything originate from "respect". Love, consideration, peace...all is from "respect" initially. So, I like "respect". Sometimes I get nervous and irritated when I find somebody doesn't respect others.
And I always try to have respect for all around me. Thanx for reading...I mean, for your respect to my writing.

Anne said...

Now, the word "tolerance" occured to me. There are many people who insist their opinions are always right. I know that it's not easy to sympathize with different opinions. But at least, I think we have to try to make efforts to understand others.

Tolerance is the basic etiquette among people, in my opinion. ^^

therese said...

Hi Olive - only one word? Why dictionary? To me 'love' is the most important word.I am now looking up the word in a dictionary to find out what it say, but I think different people have their own definitions of the word. It may be caring, affection, attraction, sympathy, understanding, and so on.

Well, 'serene' is a good word to think about. You said you become alive while you are in serenity. I guess the ones who are with you also benefit from you.
Heesoo

Nicole said...

Hi Olive,
Your blog looks like a garden!
Interestingly, our words are quite similar as I'm looking for serenity these days. I actually just finished reading a collection of essays called 'finding serenity' that inspired me.

Anthony said...

Hi, Olive
The word "Freedom" came to me. As you know, freedom is one of the most important things in the world. If we have no freedom, we can't do anything. As I'm free now, I can also write this comment. Sometimes I really want to be free from everything, even from myself. I think if I'm really free, there will be no words such as anxiety, worry, fear, disappointment, stress, shame, and so on. In a sense, I think freedom has similar meaning with serenity. Am I wrong?