I believe so. These days schools are falling down to camps for getting a job or entering university. We know lots about computers, high technology and are surrounded by the pleasures of various entertainment. But we're losing the self-reflection time or purified thoughts through literature and arts. That's why modern people are so dry and businesslike. Instrumental subjects are necessary but we should teach the priciples of life through philosophy, literature and art interestingly and meaningfully.
What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi princess Olive!
I totally agree with you.
School should be different from Hagwon. These days students are so knowledgeable, but no depth or profundity, just too shallow and light. My daughter is a senior. I recommend some good books to her. But she is not interested in that kind of books. She is just interested in TOIEC or things that are related to getting a job. When we were university students we tried to read books on religion or philosophy even though we couldn't understand them quite well, didn't we? Knowledge is not so important as wisdom or knowing how to live.
What a difficult question?
However, this is very important question. There is nobody who will lead the young to right way and who will teach what is wrong and what is right? There is nobody who will give the children hopes amd dreams. We have lost our philosophies quite long long time ago. Then who can recover our lost morality? Teachers! Teachers can give students principles they will follow. How about setting some time for these kinds of lesson in your class.
Thank you.
Olive!!
Today, all day long it's rainy. I love the sound and the mood to think something with a hot coffee. I hope you enjoy this beautiful weekend, too. Your question is exactly same what I want to talk. Since I became a teacher I'd constantly had that question. I was sad whenever I saw my students just studied for enterance exam for good high school instead of filling their mind with some good feeling of learning art or literature. I wish someday our students can learn how develop their mind to be happy.
Post a Comment